What is our whole school vision for Religious Education?
- To develop pupils’ knowledge and understanding of Christianity and other religions and consider how the beliefs of others impact on their lives and the lives of others.
To study the other principal religions represented in Great Britain (here regarded as Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism and Sikhism)
- To encourage children to ask and reflect on challenging questions.
- To provide opportunities for personal reflection where children can explore their own beliefs, viewpoint or ideas without embarrassment or ridicule (religious or non-religious).
- To encourage children to appreciate and respect the different cultures in today’s society.
- To promote pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and prepare all pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life.
- To learn ABOUT religion and to learn FROM religion.